Top 5 Wednesday // 2017 Debuts

I have to say that I found this topic a little hard to do. As I'm trying to not buy any books in 2017 I'm not really too excited about any of the releases coming out, and the ones I am interested in are from authors I've already read. However, after scrolling through many lists on Goodreads I've finally compiled five books that interest me, but I probably won't get around to this year. Without further ado, here is my top 5... (note: these are in no particular order)

5.  The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters by Nadiya Hussain
You probably know Nadiya from Bake Off, but this is her debut fiction novel (I'm not counting her cooking books for this list) and I think it sounds rather interesting. It follows four sisters who are the only young Muslims in their English village and it documents each of their lives. I'm looking forward to this as each sister looks to have diverse interests and I'm interested to see how Nadiya can write.

4. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
This is a pretty hyped book already, but the main reason I'm interested in it is because I believe I've heard some people compare it to The Night Circus. We all know how amazing that book was, so if this is similar in any way then I think I will enjoy it. I believe it's meant to have a good sister dynamic and will be magical. It will be exciting to see how performance is mixed with reality.

3. Wing Jones by Katherine Webber
I'm not too sure what this book is about, all I know is that it's already out and it's meant to be fantastic. There's probably something to do with running in it, but for the most part I don't mind going into this one a little blind. The cover for this is great as well, which is what first drew me to this book in the first place.

2. Cold Summer by Gwen Cole
From the cover, I thought this would be about alternate universes or something but Goodreads has told me that it is actually about time travel! This is intriguing because I don't really read time travel books, the only real contact I come into with it is in Doctor Who. The blurb makes it sound as though the main character meets a girl who helps him to control his time travelling powers. I just hope it won't be a variation of the trope of finding someone you "love" to fix your problems.

1. Maresi by Maria Turtschaninoff
I'm a little uncertain when it comes to this book whether it comes out this year or not. I think that it's being published in the UK for the first time this year, but I'm honestly not too sure. It has been on several "2017 Debuts" lists so I will include it. Mainly because it sounds interesting. From what I can gather it will be full of kick-ass ladies which I don't mind.

So there's my list for this week! I hope you enjoyed it. What are some debuts you're looking forward to in 2017?

Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts