Top 5 Wednesday // Polarising Reads

Welcome Wednesday-ers! Today's topic of polarising reads is a little tricky for me as I don't think I've actually read all that many. In fact, I could think of so few that instead of 5 books, I've chosen 3. Hopefully next week I'll be able to have the full set!

1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
When it comes to the last book of The Hunger Games trilogy, many people strongly dislike this book for reasons that I do understand. However, I fall into the camp of those who loved it. I think it was the perfect end to the trilogy with Katniss distancing herself from the government. She had never asked to be part of the rebellion, it only makes sense for her to leave it as soon as is possible.

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Some people find this book pretentious and self-indulgent. I personally think that this is a novel that is beautifully written and tells a wonderful story. Not only that, but it focuses on what happened to the books during the Nazi regime, we often forget about those slightly smaller aspects in favour of the larger, much more horrific crimes that were committed. The characters in this book are so well done and I really would like to reread this one soon.

3. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
I'm not sure if this is a completely polarising read, but I know that there are people who hate it and believe it to be too graphic, violent, sexual and over-complicated. On the other hand, I love it. The show and the novels are fantastic and I'm currently reading A Feast for Crows. It's taking me a little while to get through but I'm looking forward to putting aside an hour and just binge-reading the chapters.

So there's my top 3 for this week. I'm already thinking about which books I want to put down for the next topic! Tell me what your favourite polarising books are so I can check them out!

Happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts