I'm revising and I'm reading

Oh boy, I did not think I would have been so serious about revision. It has kind of taken over my life if I'm being completely fair. Even when I'm not revising I'm creating revision timetables for my study leave and the weekends. It's a wee bit crazy, I must say.

The good thing is that I'm actually reading more! When I last posted I was reading Six of Crows and I've read quite a few books since then. I'm still about 5 books behind my Goodreads goal but hey ho, it's alright. I've got the summer holidays to catch up anyway.

I haven't read 1984, instead choosing to read Barbara Comyns' Sisters By A River. It was alright, nothing particularly special but I find Comyns' writing to be quite interesting and I'm looking forward to picking up the last of her books that I currently own.

Speaking of owning books, I've never wanted to buy books more. It's almost as if I'm having some weird withdrawal from not buying any books in a while. It's strange. But, I still have plenty of books on my shelves and Kindle before I decide to pick up anymore from the shops. Might make the exception for ACOWAR so I can binge read the trilogy but at the moment I'm not really feeling in the mood to be supporting SJM considering her serious lack of diversity and the acephobia in the extract that was just released. If you want an author who cares about their audience look no further than Rick Riordan. On Twitter, I witnessed one of the most fulfilling author-to-reader discussions of all time. A reader had pointed out the offensive nature of referring to "spirit animals" within a Magnus Chase book and Rick responded that he was talking to his editor about having it removed from all future printings. This is the kind of author that I'm here for.

I will probably to continue reading SJM books so I can form my own opinions but at the moment I'm not really too sure.

I think that's enough for now, I have got to go and revise again. But, please do tell me about your reading at the moment. Are you revising for any exams? Any tips?!
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts