BookTubeAThon 2017 TBR

Well hello there, dear reader! We have just over a week until the 2017 BookTubeAThon takes place and I must say that I am rather excited. Today, I thought I would tell you what I'm planning on reading during the week and which challenges they'll fulfil!

On a side note before we get started, I've put together a playlist of all the TBR videos I could find so if you want to check out more people's plans for the readathon, just follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhnKzS49YcSOPitwb__K8kdJk22FZOX7I

Let's get started!

1. Read a book with a person on the cover
For this challenge I've gone with Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas which is the second book in the Throne of Glass series. I've been meaning to continue with the series for a while now and this seemed the perfect opportunity!


2. Read a hyped book
My book for this challenge is The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. This book has been getting a lot of love lately and I've been anticipating it for a while - I think this could potentially be my first read!

3. Finish a book in a day
I figured a short book would be good for this challenge so I went for The Suffragettes from the Penguin Little Black Classics editions. I'm always looking to find out more about the suffragettes so I look forward to it!

4. Read about a character who is different to you
For this I chose Gather Together In My Name by Maya Angelou. I read the first book in her autobiographical series for the last BookTubeAThon so it's quite fitting to read the next one this year.

5. Read a book solely outdoors
Another short book for this one - British weather is highly temperamental! I chose Our Spoons Came from Woolsworth by Barbara Comyns who is a classic author from the 1950s. I've read two other of her books and they're a little quirky!

6. Read a book you bought because of the cover
Scrappy Little Thing by Anna Kendrick is my pick for this. Whilst it wasn't a beautiful landscape or pretty picture that drew me towards it, I have always loved Anna and figured I may as well purchase her book! Hence, I bought it because of its cover.

7. Read seven books
You get free range with this challenge and I've chosen On The Fence by Kasie West which I have on my Kindle (hence why it isn't in the photoshoot). As it's summer where I live, I figured a nice summery contemporary would be the perfect pick as my seventh book!

Alrighty, those are the books I'm planning on reading. If you're participating I'd love to know what you're looking to read - please let me know in the comments!

Have a lovely day and happy reading,
Amelia x

Comments

Popular Posts